Happy Mother's Day, everyone! Today, we do a little something special for all the green mamas. Whether you're just a little bit green, or greener than the Amazon itself, we've got fun stuff for you to make your day even more special. Here's to you, moms, and all the hard work you do! We may be green by choice, but you're the whole reason we're here, so here's our salutation to all the hard-working new moms, veteran moms, stay at home moms, working moms, and moms-to-be to say 'thank you' for bringing us into the world and bringing us up green!
Apologies for the lapse in posts! We had a little pre-term labor with our little sprout on the way, Daphne, just a few days ago, so we've been a little lax this week. But now we're back in gear, and I got to thinking, with all this baby business going on, why not do a little post on green babies? Sound good? I thought so! Let's get it started!
- Kate Quinn Organics
- Great Green Baby [this is actually a shopping blog devoted to green baby products]
- Bum Genius
- Burt's Bees
- Method Baby
- Nature Babycare [for biodegradable wipes]
- Melissa and Doug
- eOrganic Baby
- Green Baby Clothing Company
- Send e-invites instead of paper ones.
- Use biodegradable party ware instead of styrofoam.
- Ask that guests bring organic dishes to share as a kind of pot luck.
- Play green games and test your guests' eco-friendly knowledge. They might leave with handy new information!
- Request eco-friendly packaging for gifts. No bubble wrap here!
- Make green your theme! If everyone sees that your theme is eco-friendly, they'll take a hint and make the occasion all the greener just for you.
- Have a blast! That's what baby showers are all about!
Alright, if you've ever watched the television show Living With Ed [and we have!] you know the answer to the oh-so-common question "paper or plastic". According to Ed, as well as many other eco-friendly shoppers, the answer is - "neither". But does toting around a reusable bag or two really make that much of a difference? Good news - it really does!
So, just who are we, eh? And who are we to tell you how to go green when you could simply be watching Living With Ed to find out all your green tips? Good questions! Let's start with introductions!
Welcome to Growing Up Green! This blog is for parents who want to learn how their decisions, purchases, and parenting methods effect the environment and how we as parents can create positive change by going eco-friendly without a lot of expense or hard work.
Posted by Tiffany at 3:56 PM